CBS' lead was one of a trio of inside-the-Beltway updates. ABC's Lisa Stark (subscription required) told us that the Justice Department's proposals to prevent identity theft is being criticized as "vague on details." CBS' Wyatt Andrews reported that even the health insurance lobby protests the Food & Drug Administration's regulation of pharmaceuticals after they have been approved. And for CBS' lead, Nancy Cordes said that the FDA has so few resources for inspecting the safety of fresh produce that the lettuce and spinach growers of California imposed regulations on themselves. The USDA has 7,600 inspectors checking 20% of the food supply; the FDA has 1,600 to check the other 80%, including produce, seafood and grains.
You must be logged in to this website to leave a comment. Please click here to log in so you can participate in the discussion.